Code of Conduct
Waynesborough is a first class private country club. We ask that while on Club property, you behave in a manner consistant with that of a lady or a gentleman.
Members, their families, and guests are to dress in a manner consistent with a first class, private, family-oriented country club. Proper attire is generally referred to as country club casual. Members and guests not suitably attired may be refused service and asked to change clothing prior to being served.
Management/Staff have been authorized to implement the dress code. Members and their guests must respect any decision they render regarding dress. Please direct any questions to a staff member or Manager on Duty. It is each Member’s responsibility to inform their guests as to the requirements of our dress code. Please be respectful of fellow Members when coming to the Club.
Country Club Casual
- Men/Boys: Collared shirts and turtlenecks. Tailored pants, appropriate denim or Bermuda shorts. Shirts must be tucked in and worn with a belt.
- Women/Girls: Respectable length shorts, skirts, and dresses, pants with appropriate tops, and appropriate denim.
- Appropriate Denim: Any solid color that is tasteful and properly fitted may be worn in all areas of the Clubhouse. Denim that is frayed, faded, torn, patched, or cutoff is not permitted anywhere.
Sportswear that is permitted in the Waynesborough dress codes for, tennis, paddle, pickleball, and trap (not swim).
Clubhouse Dress Code and Age Requirements by Room
Fairway Grille/Lounge/Bar - Country Club Casual; Sportswear permitted before 5 p.m. Bar: must be age 18 and over to sit at Bar high-tops and banquette tables; must be age 21 and over to sit at Bar.
Fireside '65 (Formal Dining) - Children under 12 not permitted.
- Men/Boys: Dress shirts tucked in and properly fitted pants with belt; appropriate denim permitted; jacket preferred; tie optional.
- Women/Girls: Dresses and skirts of proper length; dress pants with appropriate tops. Appropriate denim permitted.
Mad Anthony’s Pub/Pub Patio/Adirondack Chairs – Country Club Casual and Sportswear.
Men and boys are to remove their hats while dining or in the Clubhouse, except in the locker room, golf shop and hallways between. Hats, with bills facing forward, are permitted on the Pub Patio and at the Adirondack chairs.
Women may wear sporting hats in all areas of the Clubhouse except in Fireside 65.
- Cargo pants or Cargo shorts
- Short shorts
- Sheer fabrics
- Clothing revealing midriffs or undergarments
- Ripped, faded, or torn clothing
- Tee shirts or hoodies
- Swimsuits, bare feet, and associated attire allowed at the Pool, only.
Tips to be considered at a guest's discretion, are the locker room attendants for services performed (cleaning golf shoes and street shoes), the caddie master, the parking valets, and the coat room attendant.
Parking areas at Waynesborough are clearly marked. The clubhouse circle is designated as a fire lane, and parking in the circle is prohibited. Valet parking service may be offered during peak season. Click here to view the campus map.
Smoking is permitted in designated outdoor areas, only. This rule includes electronic smoking devices and such devices that emit fumes.
Lower Level designated outdoor area: On the golf course side of the cart path.
Main Level designated outdoor areas: Cameron Hall outdoor patio for banquet events; On a trial basis, the uncovered area of the upper terrace from December 1 through March 31 (smoking is prohibited at this location from April 1 through November 30).